The IPSC Shotgun World Championship has just ended in Pattaya, Thailand. The competitors faced the best shooters from around the world in truly exotic conditions. While we are freezing and slipping on icy sidewalks, the temperature in Thailand was about 25 degrees Celsius and the sun was shining... from time to time. In the breaks between the sunny weather, the tracks were flooded with heavy rain, but fortunately the organizer was up to the task and the tracks were suitable for shooting throughout the whole competition.
Unfortunately, there were some setbacks during this important competition. Due to the problems with transporting ammunition by plane (and the large weight of shotgun ammunition), many competitors decided to take advantage of the offer of the so-called match ammunition - purchase of ammunition offered by the organizer on site, ordered well in advance.
First, shortly before the start of the competition, it turned out that the manufacturer would not be able to deliver all the ordered ammunition, which meant that competitors from some countries had to look for ammunition from other sources at the last moment. However, perhaps they were the lucky ones, because the match ammunition turned out to be of poor quality. Many of our competitors complained about jams and problems with reliable operation of the weapon caused by poor ammunition. Additionally, not unclear markings on ammunition packaging caused problems with choosing the right one for a given tracks, which led to the disqualification of one of the Poles.
A large representation of our country went to Thailand.
We took the following places:
2. place in Open Overall - TAUSIEWICZ Marcin.
2. place in Open Senior - NIEWIADOMSKI Piotr.
In team competitions (four-men/woman teams, the points of the three best competitors count towards the result):
1. place in Open Overall team: TAUSIEWICZ Marcin, NIEWIADOMSKI Piotr, ŁOZYK Łukasz, ZAWADA Krzysztof .
2. place in Lady Standard team consisting of: SARNA Marta, BOSZKO Natalia, MAZUR Joanna, BOLEK Alicja.
3. place in Standard Manual Overall team consisting of: STOLAREK Adam, MIJAL Rafał, SKAŁACKI Marek, RENDCHEN Szymon</strong >.
3. place in Standard Overall team consisting of: MARCELA Przemysław, NOWAK Marcin, BOSZKO Maciej, KALBARCZYK Piotr.
We also have to mention that among several hundred IROA judges from all over the world, two of our colleagues, Darek "CzeCze" Dąbrowski and Paweł Berezowski, worked very hard on site.
Photos: Competotirs' Facebook profiles.